Thursday, July 19, 2007

To Grandmother's House We Go

Abigail and I just got back from a 10 day trip to Kansas City to spend time with my family. My whole family lives there, so we go stay for a while and pretend we actually live there! Abigail just jumps right in with this crew, and she just knows she's comfortable there. Abigail and I flew up and then Colby came and stayed a couple of days and flew back with us. We fly by ourselves usually, but it's a million times easier with some help. Somebody's drink always ends up in some lap, and unfortunately for the guy next to us, it was his lap! Whoops!!

One of the first things on our agenda (besides Kole's pirate 3rd birthday!), was meeting my Grandma Betty in her little town for lunch at her house. We played in the park before to play. She had little tables for the kids and made it so special for us. She's a mover and a shaker, and still plays with these babies. Special memories for us last week.
Grandma Betty, my mom, Jack, Abigail and Kole at the park. Kole had picked flowers for everyone.

1 comment:

Mommy of two said...

I laughed out loud when I read about the drink ending up in the guy's lap sitting next to you. That sounds like something Avery would do. I am so glad you got to spend so much time with your family! Does Jamie live in KC also? I thought she was in Dallas. I am sure she is so busy though that you probably don't get to see her as much as you would like.