Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Okay, I have one excuse anyways for not updating my blog very well. We actually had a fire last week at our house. My oven literally exploded with us in the house!!!! I was using my oven to cook Abigail and I some toast for breakfast. I noticed a funny smell, but wasn't too concerned about it. We sat down at our table which is RIGHT next to our oven and it started popping really loudly. I jumped up and suddenly, huge clouds of black smoke came from the back of it, and then flames and sparks pouring out of it. I pressed the "fire" button on my alarm system and picked Abigail up who was pretty upset by now. I grabbed a jacket for her and ran out to wait on the firemen! Abigail absolutely loved the firetruck roaring up our street. It was definitely a highlight of her little life! They cleared the house of danger but we were left with quite a mess. There was soot everywhere, even inside my cabinets in sippy cups! We had a fire cleaning crew here for a whole day cleaning carpets, curtains, washing all of my dishes. We've got a burnt floor which we'll have to replace. The damage was pretty minor considering the size of the fire--but most of all, we are thankful we are alright. Abigail and could have been hurt very badly--I had just stepped away from the oven. My face and feet would have been badly burned. I was pretty shaken up! There was some incorrect wiring during installation. So, I'm waiting for my new oven to arrive and Abigails enjoying eating out. We stayed at a hotel for a couple of days and we were able to swim too. We're definitely proof to have some good insurance.